USTA Tri - LevelLake Norman Tennis Association
Tri – Level League
If you’re looking for a league where you can be on a team with your friends of different rating levels, then Tri – Level is for you! In Tri – Level, teams are comprised of players with 3 or more different NTRP levels.
Each match, 3 courts of doubles play. Each court is assigned a different rating level. The idea is that partners have the same rating & play on a court that is also assigned that same rating. For example, in the “A” division, there’s a 4.5, 4.0, & 3.5 court. Two 4.5 – rated players play on the 4.5 court, two 4.0’s on the 4.0 court & so on.
Tri - Level Basics
|All players must have a USTA computer rating, or be self - rated.|
|Min Age to Play||18|
|Min / Max # of Players on Team||6 / 15|
|Courts Played Each Match||3|
|Highest Advancement||State, Sectionals|
Tri - Level Registration Dates
|Team Registration opens||Apr 1|
|Team Registration closes||May 14|
|Season begins||May 30|
|Season ends||Aug 6|
|Last day to add players||July 15|
|State Championships||Sept 22 - 24
- Flexible format & multiple play levels.
- Team experience for players of 3+ different ratings.
- Participation does not affect a player’s NTRP dynamic rating.
Tri – Level Divisions
Women’s play is offered in the A, B & C divisions. Men’s teams compete in the A & B divisions only.
- “A” Division: 4.5 / 4.0 / 3.5
- “B” Division: 4.0 / 3.5 / 3.0
- “C” Division: 3.5 / 3.0 / 2.5
Match Play Guidelines
- On each court, a player’s NTRP rating can’t be higher than the rating assigned to that specific court.
- Example: In the “A” Division, on Court #2: Since this court is assigned a 4.0 rating level, two 4.0’s may play together, or a 4.0 & a 3.5. However, a 4.0 could not play with a 4.5 (because a 4.5 rating exceeds the 4.0 rating level assigned to this court).
- If you need to register as a USTA member or aren’t sure what your rating is, go to Tennislink.
- If your team advances to Championship play, visit the Captain’s Corner link for information.
Tri - Level Divisions / Days of Play
|"A"||4.5 /4.0 /3.5||FRI AM||9:30 /11:00||4.5 /4.0 /3.5||MON PM||6:30 /8:00|
|WED PM||6:30, 7 or 8:00|
|"B"||4.0 /3.5 /3.0||WED PM||6:30, 7 or 8:00||4.0 /3.5 /3.0||THUR PM||6:30 /8:00|
|"C"||3.5/3.0 /2.5||MON AM||9:30||(no "C" men's division)|
USTA Coordinator: Racquets and Jackets, Singles, & Tri - Level Leagues