Racquets & Jackets Doubles LeagueLake Norman Tennis Association
The famous R&J League shirts on display!
2023/2024 Racquets & Jackets Key Dates
|Team Registration opens||Oct 1|
|Team Registration closes||Nov 1|
|Earliest Start Date (depends on # of teams in flight)||Mid Nov|
|Court fees due||Nov 2|
|T-shirt orders due||Nov 2|
|Last day to add players||Dec 30|
|Season ends (based on # of teams in flight)||Early Feb|
Days of Play
(AA, A, B, C)
(AA, A, B, C, D)
Racquets & Jackets Roster Guidelines
- When building your team, there isn’t a rule or limit to the number of players at each level, as long as you have enough players to field each court weekly and don’t exceed the max of 18 players.
- Players may play up one court. For example, in the “A” Division (3.5/ 4.0/ 4.5), a 3.5 rated player may play on the 4.0 court, and a 4.0 may play on the 4.5 court, but a 3.5 cannot play on the 4.5.
- Consider your players’ overall availability to ensure your roster has enough players at each level. You may continue to add players to your roster until Last Day to Add Player deadline.
Racquets & Jackets Tri-Level Match Play Guidelines
- On each court, a player’s NTRP rating cannot be higher than the rating assigned to that specific court.
- Court 1-Highest Level; Court 2-Middle level; Court 3-Lowest level.
- Example: in the “A” Division, on Court #2, since this court is assigned a 4.0 rating, two 4.0’s may play together, or a 4.0 & 3.5. However, a 4.0 may not play with a 4.5 (because a 4.5 rating exceeds the 4.0 rating level assigned to this court).
Racquets & Jackets Tri-Level Doubles
Play doubles with your friends on a team consisting of three or more NTRP levels (tri-level format). For example, in the “B” division, there’s one 3.0 court, one 3.5 court, and one 4.0 court playing in each team match.
Participants receive the highly-coveted Racquets & Jackets league shirt. Once the team is registered, captains will submit one team order.
Note: The USTA rating change occurs during the R & J season; however, any rating changes (up or down) will have no impact on players. A player’s rating at the time of registration will be valid for the entire season.
Racquets & Jackets Basics
|All players must have a USTA computer rating, or be self - rated.|
|Min Age to Play:||18|
|Min / Max # of Players on Team:||6 / 18|
|Courts Played Each Match||3|
|No advancement or awards|
R&J Tri-Level Divisions
|League Type||Local Leagues|
|18 & Over Men||"C" 2.5/3.0/3.5
|18 & Over Women||"C" 2.5/3.0/3.5
If you’re not sure what your rating is, you can find it through Tennislink. If you don’t have a rating, you can get information about how to ‘self – rate’.
All players participating in this league are required to be USTA members. Click here to create a USTA account.
- No team advancement, awards, or playoff. This is strictly a SOCIAL LEAGUE.
- Visit Captain’s Corner / Player Resources for information, make-up match court reservation forms, and scorecard correction forms.
- League fees are $30 and include a long – sleeve shirt!
To view the refund policy, CLICK HERE.