Adult League TennisLake Norman Tennis Association
With more than 900,000 registrations each year, USTA League is the country’s largest adult recreational tennis league – and a great way to stay active, socialize, & improve your game. Plus, with players of all skill levels, there’s a place for you & your game. Age divisions for adult recreational tennis programs include 18 & over, 40 & over, 55 & over, 65 & over, and 70 and over.
Play is based on the NTRP rating system so you play with, and against, players of similar ability. As long as you are 18 or older, there’s a spot for you.
|League||Team Registration Opens||General Season|
|USTA Adult Spring League||Jan 1||Feb – May|
|USTA Mixed Doubles League||Apr 1||May – Aug|
|USTA Tri – Level League||Apr 1||May – Aug|
|USTA Summer Singles||Apr 1||May – Aug|
|USTA Southern Combo Doubles||Jun 24||Aug – Oct|
|USTA 70 & Over Doubles League||Jun 25||Aug – Sep|
|USTA Fall Singles||Sep 1||Oct – Dec|
|Racquets & Jackets Doubles||Sep 21||Nov – Jan|
Important Notes for all Leagues
- Matches are the best of 3 sets, with a 10 – point match tiebreak, if necessary, in the 3rd set. The Coman tiebreak procedure is used for all adult leagues.
- The winning team enters scores on Tennislink within 48 hrs. Once posted, the opposing team should confirm the match scores online. No scorecard will be updated 48 hrs after the last match of the season is played.
*Click here if you need to submit a scorecard correction.
- It’s the home team’s responsibility to provide match – ready courts. The home team has the ultimate decision on whether courts are safe to play on. If the courts are not playable, the home team captain must contact the visiting team captain 1 hour before match time.
- The home team also provides the balls & makes sure restrooms are available. Each team must provide their own beverage.
- Any team using a public park as their home facility must pay court fees by the designated due date. If fees are not paid, the team will be removed from the standings & all matches deleted.
- The league coordinator will reserve courts for any team using public parks. Club players will need to secure their own courts through their club. Please report any club blackout dates to the coordinator.
Make – up Matches
- Make – up matches are to be played by the 14th day after the original match date, if not sooner. Scores should be added no later than the 16th day. Remember to inform the league coordinator if your match is rained out & what the rescheduled date is.
- Matches may be made up court – by – court (as individual lines).
Park teams: click here for a make – up match court reservation. Club teams should reserve make – up courts through their club.
All players participating in USTA Leagues are required to be USTA members. Click here to create a USTA account. League fees for all USTA League play is $22 + $3 Tennislink fee, for a total of $25. Fees for the LNTA Racquets & Jackets Winter Doubles league is $27 + $3 Tennislink fee (BUT, you get one of our much – loved shirts).
Refund Procedure – All players requesting a refund of their local fees & State Head Tax charges will be given a refund when requesting prior to their team’s first scheduled match. The $3 Tennislink fee is nonrefundable. Requests should be submitted to the Local League Coordinator.
If your team advances into Championship play, visit the Captain’s Corner link for information.