Captain's Corner & Player ResourcesLake Norman Tennis Association
Welcome to LNTA’s Captain’s Corner & Player Resources
This page provides captains & players with helpful resources for USTA league play. Visit our Adult Leagues page for all the leagues offered, each league’s general season dates, and the dates when team registrations open. Each league also has its own dedicated page with more specific details.
USTA League Rules & Regulations
All players, teams, and local leagues must abide by all USTA rules & regulations. The regulations are categorized by geographic areas: Lake Norman (our local playing area), North Carolina, Southern Section, and National.
- 2019 LAKE NORMAN Local League Rules & Regulations — includes Captain’s Responsibilities. PRINT & keep in your captain’s folder.
- 2020 North Carolina State Regulations
- 2020 National & Southern Regulations
- 2020 National Regulations
- Coman Tie – Break Procedures
- Inclement Weather Rules
- 2020 Friend at Court — a guide to tennis rules.
- The Code, (starts on page 36 of Friend at Court), explains rules, etiquette, & match play situations.
Team & Player League Registration
Reminder: Your USTA membership must remain active throughout the league in which you are registering. If your renewal date falls during the league season, you’ll need to renew your membership prior to registration.
- Renew My USTA Membership – Click on the Renew button on TennisLink.
- Captain’s Guide – pre-season, during the season, & post-season sections, with step – by – step instructions on how to register your team, how to handle rain make – ups, & more.
- Create a New Team Online – (generates the team #)
- Player Registration – (once you have the team #)
Players who do not have an NTRP Rating must self–rate in accordance with the General & Experienced Player Guidelines available through TennisLink when registering for a team.
Captains: Do These Tasks on TennisLink:
- register your team
- view your team’s match schedule
- get opposing captains’ contact info
- see your team roster with player info
- enter / confirm scores
- view current flight standings
Match Scorecard Examples
Once individual matches are completed, captains (or acting captains) should record the scores.
- View a completed score card
- This example shows how completed match scores are recorded, including defaults and retirements.
- Watch a YouTube video on how to record scores on TennisLink.
Captains, use the Scorecard Correction form when there’s an error with scores or player names. Once scores have been submitted, only the League Coordinator can make corrections. Deadline for corrections to be made is 2 weeks after match completion. Email the opposing captain, copy Iris (firstname.lastname@example.org), and submit the form. You’ll need the Match ID # (found on the scorecard & schedule).
If you need a court for a make – up match at a park facility, the League Coordinator will make the reservation. Submit the Make – Up Court Reservation form and provide the original match date, how many courts you need, and the preferred location. If your home facility is a private club, contact the club directly to reserve make – up courts.
2020 Adult League Incentives
LEAGUE VIP – Do you really LOVE to play tennis? This is the incentive for you! Play on 10 teams in 2020, and get your 11th team registration FREE! Claim form.
USTA NATIONAL — REFER A FRIEND TO TENNIS – From Nov 15 – Feb 15, if you recommend a friend to USTA League play & you may be eligible to receive a $25 gift card. More details.
NC USTA – BRING A FRIEND TO TENNIS — For every new or returning player that you bring to USTA leagues, you’ll receive $10. A returning player is defined as someone who hasn’t played on any league team from 2017 – 2019. Claim form.
iPhone App for USTA League Tennis allows you to view match schedules, track rosters and stats, record scores, find an NTRP rating, and more. On the app, you’ll need to view match locations in landscape perspective.
The Team Management Tool found on Tennislink has useful features for captains. Schedule team practices, view player availability & generate lineups. It’s free and makes communication more efficient. To use the Team Management Tool, you must first be signed into your USTA account. Once on your personalized page, select “Team Management” under My Quick Links.
- Tennis Link Management Tool – Tutorial
- Tennis Management Tool – Player Guide
- Team Management Tool – Captain’s Perspective
USTA league matches are assigned to various court locations around the Lake Norman area. Be sure to consult your team’s match schedule on Tennislink to verify the locations of all your matches.
Click here to find court locations, so you can get your team to the match on time!